Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
At first, no one believed she was a pilot, but her documents lent colour to her statements.
provided evidence for
got information from
borrowed colour from
gave no proof of
Câu 1 Đáp án đúng: D
Đáp án D
Kiến thức: từ vựng, từ trái nghĩa
Giải thích: lend colour to something: chứng minh
provide evidence for: cung cấp chứng cứ cho
give no proof of: không có bằng chứng
=> give no proof >< lend colour to something
Tạm dịch: Lúc đầu, không ai tin rằng cô ấy là phi công, nhưng các tài liệu của cô ấy đã chứng minh cho câu nói của cô.
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- It will take more or less a month to prepare for the wedding
- She got up late and rushed to the bus stop
- For example, you can play a ballad, then move on to something more energetic such as rock ‘n’ roll
- I didn’t think his comments were very inappropriate at the time
- The collapse of the stock market in 1929 signaled the beginning of the Depression.
- In the twentieth century, drug markedly improved health throughout the world.
- Students’ motivation for learning a language increase
- Today, American English is particularly influential
- This new washing machine is not a patch on our old one