Mark a letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair sentences in the following questions.
Their dog was very fierce. People didn’t dare to come up to their house.
If their dog were not fierce no one would visit their house.
Their dog was not fierce enough for people visit their house.
They had such a fierce dog so that people didn’t dare to come up to their house.
They had so fierce a dog that no-one dared come up to their house.
Câu 1 Đáp án đúng: D
Đáp án D
Con chó rất hung dữ. Mọi người không dám đến chơi nhà đó.
A. Nếu con chó không hung dữ không ai sẽ đến nhà đó chơi. => sai nghĩa
B. Con chó của họ không đủ hung dữ cho mọi người đến chơi. => sai nghĩa
C. Họ có một con chó hung dữ để mà mọi người không dám đến nhà họ chơi.=> sai nghĩa
D. Họ có con chó quá hung dữ đến nỗi mà không ai dám đến nhà họ.
Cấu trúc: S + V + so + adj + a/an + danh từ + that + S +V [ quá…đến nỗi mà…]
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- The boy is called Duncan. He sits next to me in class
- Mike wrote the text. He selected the illustration as well
- He will go to an interview the next time
- Nam has studied English only for several months.
- We eventually caught a train. It was one that stops at every station
- I noticed that the door was open. I decided to go in. This turned out to be a mistake
- Some people wanted travel scholarships. The end of the week was the deadline. By then everyone had applied
- He hadn’t eaten anything since morning. He took the food eagerly
- He failed his driving test the first time. As a result, he took it again