Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
The boy is called Duncan. He sits next to me in class.
The boy whose is called Duncan sits next to me in class.
The boy who sits next to me in class is called Duncan.
The boy whom sits next to me in class is called Duncan.
The boy to whom he sits next is called Duncan.
Câu 1 Đáp án đúng: B
Đáp án B
Cậu con trai được gọi là Ducan. Cậu ấy ngồi cạnh tôi ở lớp.
A: Cậu con trai của anh ấy được gọi là Ducan thì ngồi cạnh tôi ở lớp.
B: Cậu con trai người mà ngồi cạnh tôi ở lớp được gọi là Ducan.
C: Cậu con trai người mà ngồi cạnh tôi ở lớp được gọi là Ducan.( “whom không dùng thay thế cho chủ ngữ).
D: Cậu con trai mà anh ấy ngồi cạnh được gọi là Ducan.
Ta cần dùng đại từ quan hệ “who” thay thế cho chủ ngữ chỉ người.
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- Mike wrote the text. He selected the illustration as well
- He will go to an interview the next time
- Nam has studied English only for several months.
- We eventually caught a train. It was one that stops at every station
- I noticed that the door was open. I decided to go in. This turned out to be a mistake
- Some people wanted travel scholarships. The end of the week was the deadline. By then everyone had applied
- Their dog was very fierce. People didn’t dare to come up to their house
- He hadn’t eaten anything since morning. He took the food eagerly
- He failed his driving test the first time. As a result, he took it again