Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheer to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 36 to 12.
Today, text messaging has probably become young people’s most common form communication. Some teachers think that because of this, young people are not writing correctly at 7 school. They fear that once students get used to it, they will find it hard to switch back to using correct grammar and spelling. How did things begin this way?
It all began with e-mail, online chat rooms, and games. Then step by step young people made sentences, phrases and words shorter. As text messaging continued to become popular, people end invented more and more words. Today, it is like a real language with its own grammar and vocabulary. The growth of text messaging has raised an important question: As students become fluent in textmessaging, do their writing skills suffer?
People have different ideas about the effects of text messaging.on students writing skills. Some say that students are losing the ability to write long, correct sentences Others say that text messaging is having a good effect on the language students use in their schoolwork. It shows that they are creative and good at expressing themselves. And if students can keep the two systems separate — one for text messaging and one for school this will help students appreciate reading and writing more
Some people suggest that one way to reduce the bad effects of text messaging is to find ways to use technology as a positive learning tool. For example, students can be allowed to type their assignments in a cell phone message and send them to their teachers, but they must type correctly. In this way, students are using the technology that they are familiar with to communicate in a form of language suitable for schoolwork. It shows students that text messaging is fine for social communication, but correct grammar and spelling are necessary for communication in school
(Adapted from Strategie Reading by Richards and Eckst-Didier)
Which of the following is the best title for the passage?
What is Text messaging Doing to Students’ Writing?
How have Schools Changed Technology?
What can be Done to Increase the Quality of Text messaging?
How can Teachers Teach Text-messaging?
Lời giải tham khảo:
Hãy chọn trả lời đúng trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải bên dưới.
Đề thi TN THPT QG năm 2021
Đáp án đúng: A
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- She borrows a lot of English books from the school library last week.
- The spokesman had an uphill struggle to find an explanation that was readily intelligent to the layman.
- The boy has a lot of toy cars, but he never plays with it.
- It is not necessary for you to wear formal clothes to the party this evening
- She last phoned her close friend two months ago
- ‘I have a lot of homework to do”, Ha said.
- Students are forbidden to bring their phones into the exam room. There is no exception whatsoever
- Mike doesnt feel well today. He cant go out with his friends
- Which of the following can be inferred from the passage?re