Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on you answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
The term ‘virus is derived from the Latin word for poison. or slime. It was originally applied to the noxious stench emanating from swamps that was thought to cause a variety of diseases in the centuries before microbes were discovered and specifically linked to illness. But it was not until almost the end of the nineteenth century that a true virus was proven to be the cause of a disease.
The nature of viruses made them impossible to detect for many years even after bacteria had been discovered and studied. Not only are viruses too small to be seen with a light microscope, they also cannot be detected through their biological activity, except as it occurs in conjunction with other organisms. In fact, viruses show no traces of biological activity by themselves. Unlike bacteria, they are not living agents in the strictest sense Viruses are very simple pieces of organic material composed only of nucleic acid, either DNA or RNA, enclosed in a coat of protein made up of simple structural units (Some viruses also contain carbohydrates and lipids.) They are parasites, requiring human, animal, or plant cells to live. The virus replicates by attaching to a cell and injecting its nucleic acid.’ once inside the cell, the DNA or RNA that contains the virus’ genetic information takes over the cell’s biological machinery, and the cell begins to manufacture viral proteins rather than its own.
Which of the following is the best title for the passage?
New Developments in Viral Research
Exploring the Causes of Disease
DNA Nature’s Building Block
Lời giải tham khảo:
Hãy chọn trả lời đúng trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải bên dưới.
Đề thi thử TN THPT QG năm 2021 môn ANH
Đáp án đúng: B
Kiến thức đọc hiểu: Tiêu đề nào sau đây là đúng nhất cho đoạn văn?
A. Phát triển mới trong nghiên cứu virut
B. Sự hiểu biết về vi rút
C. Khám phá nguyên nhân của bệnh
D. Khối xây dựng bản chất của DNA
Chọn đáp án B
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- John got a terminal illness. He couldnt get out of the bed on his own.
- He wasnt wearing a seat-belt. He was injured.
- ‘Would you like to have dinner with me?’ Miss Hoa said to me
- No one in our club can speak English as fluently as Mai.
- It is probable to rain heavily this evening
- Sleeping resting and to drink fruit juice are the best ways to care
- The media have produced live covering of Michael Jacksons fans around the world mourning for him.
- Physics are one of the core subjects in natural sciences.
- According to the last paragraph, students will get the best result if they use of ________ learning.