VIII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the
correct answer to each of the questions
Surrounding Alaska on all but one side are two oceans and a vast sea, giving this state the longest
coastline in the United States. In fact, if the coastlines of all of its peninsulas and islands are
considered, Alaska has a longer coastline, 33,904 miles (54,563 kilometers), than all the other 49
Most of the state lies on a peninsula, bounded by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Bering Sea to
the west, and the Pacific Ocean on the southwest, south, and southeast. This peninsula, stretching
away from the rest of North America, forms the northwest comer of the continent. One of the world’s
largest peninsulas, it is partly shared with Canada on the east.
The seas indent the shores of the main peninsula to form other peninsulas that contribute some of
the most outstanding features to Alaska’s outline. Most notable of these is the Alaska Peninsula. The
peninsula itself is 550 miles (885 kilometers) long, before the spectacular chain of islands reaches
Another of Alaska’s large peninsulas is Seward, in which a number of smaller eastern states could
be swallowed up. The Kenai Peninsula, less extensive than Seward, is about the size of the state of
Part of Alaska’s ocean heritage, many islands lie along the fringes of the state. Much of
southeastern Alaska is made up of the Alexander Archipelago of 1100 islands, including Baranof,
Kuiu, and Admiralty. Continuing up the coast are the islands of Prince William Sound. The Aleutian
Islands pursue their bleak and windswept course in a long arc that encloses the Bering Sea. Included
in the Aleutian chain are whole archipelagoes, such as the Fox, Near, and Rat islands.
What is the main topic of the passage?
The geography of the western United States
The coastline of North America
The territory that makes up Alaska
The countries that border Alaska
Lời giải tham khảo:
chen-hinh-htn Hãy chọn trả lời đúng trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải bên dưới.
Đáp án đúng: C
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- Overeating is a cause of several deadly diseases. Physical inactivity is another cause ofseveral deadly diseases.
- She looked through the hotel advertisements. She stopped only when taking a fancy toone piece.
- We’re having a reunion this weekend. Why don’t you come?” John said to us.
- If we can solve this problem soon, it will be better for all concerned.
- I never came to this city, so I couldn’t meet him.
- In order to get a work as a computer analyst, you need a degree in computer science.
- These exercises look easy, but they are very relatively difficult for us
- In order no money would be wasted, we had to account for every penny we spent
- The word it” in the last paragraph refers to_____________.