Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions
It is commonly believed that school is where people go to get an education. Nevertheless, it has been said that today children interrupt their education to go to school. The difference between schooling and education implied by this remark is important.
Education is much more open-ended and all-inclusive than schooling. Education knows no limits. It can take place anywhere, whether in the shower or on the job, whether in the kitchen or on a tractor. It includes both the formal learning that takes place in school and the whole universe of informal learning. The agent (doer) of education can vary from respected grandparents to the people arguing about politics on the radio, from a child to a famous scientist. Whereas schooling has a certain predictability, education quite often produces surprises. A chance conversation with a stranger may lead a person to discover how little is known of other religions. People receive education from infancy on. Education, then, is a very broad, inclusive term; it is a lifelong process, a process that starts long before the start of school, and one that should be a necessary part of one’s entire life.
Schooling, on the other hand, is a specific, formalized process, whose general pattern varies little from one setting to the next. Throughout a country, children arrive at school at about the same time, take the assigned seats, are taught by an adult, use similar textbooks, do homework, take exams, and so on. The pieces of reality that are to be learned, whether they are the alphabet or an understanding of the workings of governments, have been limited by the subjects being taught. For example, high school students know that they are not likely to find out in their classes the truth about political problems in their society or what the newest filmmakers are experimenting with. There are clear and undoubted conditions surrounding the formalized process of schooling.
This passage is mainly aimed at ______.
giving examples of different schools
telling the difference between the meaning of two related words
listing and discussing several educational problems
telling a story about excellent teachers
Lời giải tham khảo:
Hãy chọn trả lời đúng trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải bên dưới.
Đề thi thử TN THPT QG năm 2021 môn ANH
Đáp án đúng: B
Dẫn chứng: The difference between schooling and education implied by this remark is important.
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- The word pattern” in line 15 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
- According to the author, what do potters use to remove the pot from the wheel?
- It can be inferred from the passage that clay is processed commercially in order to ______.
- The word functional” in line 6 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
- According to the passage, which of the following can be learned about an ancient civilization by examining its pottery?
- The word it” in line 2 refers to ______.
- What does the passage mainly d
- From the passage, we can infer that a high school teacher ______.
- Because the general pattern of schooling varies little from one setting to the next, school children throughout the country ______.