Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Sport and sport events provide a significant source of volunteering opportunities for a wide range of individuals. (12) __________ organizers of major sport events tend to target the youth market to source volunteers due to the apparent high level of interest in sport by this group, not only in terms of young people who watch a particular sport, but also those (13) __________ participate in it. It is therefore suggested that sport may act as a kind of ‘nursery’ for volunteering and that the experiences (14) __________ to young people in sport may be critical for their future volunteer involvement, not only in sport but the broader society. By developing an interest in volunteering as a young person, it is hoped that these people will continue to volunteer as they become adults. One of the most common approaches by many event organizers is to place an advertisement in the local media which invites readers to contact the organization. (15) _______, it is possible to ‘adopt a more formally structured recruitment programme through schools and universities. The (16) ________ of this approach is to establish a relationship between the governing body of a particular sport and young people from an early age, in the hope that young people who are either spectators or participants in the sport continue from childhood to adulthood.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Hãy chọn trả lời đúng trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải bên dưới.
Đề thi thử TN THPT QG năm 2021 môn ANH
Đáp án đúng: B
Kiến thức: Từ định lượng
A. Much + N(không đếm được): nhiều B. Many + N(đếm được, số nhiều): nhiều
C. Each + N(số ít): mỗi D. Every + N(số ít): mỗi, mọi
Dấu hiệu: sau vị trí cần điền là danh từ số nhiều “organizers” (các tổ chức)
(12) Many organizers of major sport events tend to target the youth market to source volunteers due to the apparent high level of interest in sport by this group
Tạm dịch: Nhiều nhà tổ chức các sự kiện thể thao lớn có xu hướng nhắm đến thị trường thanh thiếu niên để tìm nguồn tình nguyện viên do mức độ quan tâm lớn của nhóm này đối với thể thao
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- Indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress: internet, powerful, benefit, athletics
- Indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress: offer, attract, decide, allow
- The word Some” in paragraph 1 refers to ________.
- Which best serves as the title for the passage?k
- The word ‘sensitive’ in the last paragraph is closest in meaning to _________.
- Which of the following can be inferred from the passage? l
- According to the passage, to avoid incidents of hay fever, patients need to ______.
- According to the passage, hay fever sufferers may also experience ________.
- The word “blockage’ in the passage is closest in meaning to ________.