Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate thecorrect word or phrase that best fits each of the number blanks from 41 to 45.
In a small village in North Yorkshire, there is a big old farmhouse (41 ) ……..three families live together. Alice and George and their three children, Joe and Pam and their two children, and Sue and her baby daughter. The adults divide up the work between them. George does the cooking, Joe and Sue do almost the housework. Pam looks after the shopping and (42 ) …….the repairs, and Alice takes care of the garden.
Alice, George and Sue go out to work. Joe works at home (43 ) ……..computer systems, and Pam, who is a painter, looks after the baby during the day. Two of the children go to school in the village, but the three oldest ones go by bus to the secondary school in the nearest town, ten miles away.
The three families get (44 )……well, and enjoy their way of life. There are a few difficulties, of course. Their biggest worry at the moment is money- one of the cars needs replacing, and the roof needs some expensive repairs. But this isn’t too serious- the bank has agreed to a loan, which they expect to be able to pay back in three years. And they all say they would much rather go on living in their old farmhouse (45 ) …….move to a luxury flat in a big city.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Hãy chọn trả lời đúng trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải bên dưới.
Đề thi thử TN THPT QG năm 2021 môn ANH
Đáp án đúng: C
“where” thay cho từ chỉ nơi chốn “a big old farmhouse”
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- According to the reading passage, why did Joseph Pulitzer invent the Pulitzer Prize?
- Which sentence about the Pulitzer Prize is NOT true according to the reading passage?
- Why does the writer mention John F. Kennedy” in line 2?
- The word partial” in the passage is closest in meaning to …………..
- According to the reading passage, who receives the Pulitzer Prize?
- And they all say they would much rather go on living in their old farmhouse
- The three families get
- Joe works at home
- Pam looks after the shopping and