Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 25 to 29.
My first job was a sales assistant at a large department store. I wanted to work part-time, because I was still studying at university and I was only able to work a few nights a week.
I came across the advertisement in the local newspaper. I remember the interview as though it were yesterday. The (25) ______ manager sat behind a large desk. He asked me various questions which surprised me because all I wanted was to work in sales. An hours later, I was told that I had got the job and was given a contract to go over. I was to be trained for ten days before I took my post. Also, as a member of staff, I was (26) ______ to some benefits, including discounts.
When I eventually started, I was responsible (27) ______ the toy section. I really enjoyed it there and I loved demonstrating the different toys. I was surprised at how friendly my colleagues were, too. They made working there fun even when we had to deal with customers (28) ______ got on our nerves. (29) ______, working there was a great experience which I will never forget.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Hãy chọn trả lời đúng trước khi xem đáp án và lời giải bên dưới.
Đề thi thử TN THPT QG năm 2021 môn ANH
Đáp án đúng: D
A. personal (adj): mang tính cá nhân
B. personable (adj): duyên dáng
C. personage (n): người quan trọng, nổi tiếng
D. personnel (n): bộ phận nhân sự.
=> personnel manager: giám đốc nhân sự.
Dẫn chứng: The personnel manager sat behind a large desk
Tạm dịch: Vị giám đốc nhân sự ngồi phía sau một chiếc bàn lớn.
=> Đáp án D
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- Mary knew how busy I was. She offered to help me
- She gave a great performance at the festival. We now know she has artistic talent
- You should have persuaded him to change his mind
- Never borrow money from friends”, my father said.
- Murder is the most serious of all crimes.
- Last week Mark told me that he got very bored with his present job and is looking for a new one.
- There must be something wrong with him because he looks rather tiredly.
- Gilbert Newton Lewis, a chemist, helped to develop the modern electron theory of valence, a theory what explains the forces holding atoms together in
- It can be inferred from the passage that if a person remembers a piece of information for two days, this is probably _________.