Mark the letter A, B, C. or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to each of the following sentences.
Tom: “Do you think it’s going to rain?” ~ Trump: “_______”
I hope not.
I don’t hope so.
I hope not so.
I hope it wouldn’t.
Câu 1 Đáp án đúng: A
Đáp án A
Trong những câu trả lời ngắn, ta dùng ‘so’ để thay thế cho mệnh đề làm tân ngữ để tránh lặp lại.
Ta thêm ‘so’ vào sau những động từ như appear, assume, be afraid (meaning ‘regret’), believe, expect, guess, hope, imagine, presume, reckon, seem, suppose, think.
Ta thêm ‘not‘ vào sau be afraid, guess, hope và suppose để thay cho mệnh đề mang nghĩa phủ định. (I’m afraid not, I guess not, I hope not…)
Đối với các từ believe, expect và think, ta dùng trợ động từ do + not + main verb + so (I don’t believe so, I don’t think so…)
Câu trắc nghiệm liên quan:
- Jane: ‘Are you interested in scuba diving?’ Janet: ‘________’
- Can I bring a friend to your birthday party?
- What do you think about having a gap year before university?
- They’re going to build a new supermarket here
- I think he has tried his best so far
- – _______________- Personally, I think it’s necessary to wear school uniform
- Ken and Laura are saying goodbye to each other
- What do you think about the election?
- Hana and Jenifer are talking about a book they have just read
- What do you want me to cook for your dinner?